The Firefighters of IAFF Local 4547 serve the citizens of Fernley through the North Lyon County Fire Protection District (NLCFPD), based out of Fernley, Nevada. The North Lyon Fire Fighters Association is the 4547th local affiliate for the International Association of Fire Firefighters (IAFF). Local 4547 was established on January 1, 2007.
The NLCFPD is comprised of twelve full-time paid professional firefighters, a District Chief, an Administrative Assistant, reserve firefighters, and volunteer firefighters. All twelve full-time paid firefighters are members of Local 4547. Our goal is to not only provide for our safety but also provide for public safety.
- Currently, the District operates with three four-man platoons, working forty-eight-hour shifts.
- NLCFPD is licensed through the State of Nevada as an Advanced Life Support transport agency.
- The NLCFPD averages 2600 Fire/Rescue/EMS calls per year, with a daily average of 7 calls per shift.
- The City of Fernley has an approximate population of 20,000 people, with moderate industrial hazards, rail systems, and three major roadways, including I-80, H-95A, and H-50A.
- As a Fire Protection District, NLCFPD does not operate as a department of the City, but as its own separate entity.